Ms. Mary Angelina Mei is considered one of the world's leading young harpists and pianists.
Ms. Mei is an extraordinary performer and an excellent lecturer. A critic from the World Journal
News calls her "a master of the heavenly angel instrument."
- Masters Degree of Music, Manhattan School of Music
- Los Angeles Philharmonic Fellowship Competition, First Prize
- Elizabeth Hobin National Harp Competition, First Prize
- American Harp Society Valerie Finzi Award
- American Harp Society Golkin Award
- Greater Trenton Symphony Competition, First Prize
- Hennessy Performing Arts Award
- World Harp Congress
- American Harp Society
- Notable Concert Appearances:
- World Harp Congress Concert (Paris)
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- Carnegie Concert Hall
- Barbican Centre (London)
- American Harp Festival (Seattle)
- Cite de la Musique (Paris)
- Art Centre (Warwick)
- Concertgebouw (Amsterdam)
- Konzerthaus (Vienna)
- Concert Hall (Sapporo)
- Sumida Triphony Hall (Tokyo)
- International Music Festival (Venezuela)
- Notable Orchestra Performances:
- New World Symphony
- American Symphony Orchestra
- "The Fantastic" Musical
- Pacific Music Festival
- Di Capo Opera Orchestra
- Notable Artistic Collaborators:
- Michael Tilson Thomas
- David Sanborn
- Michael Kamen
- Kurt Masur
- "International Musicians Who's Who Encyclopedia"
- National Dean's List Award, 1993-1994
- Full Merit Scholarship Award, Manhattan School of Music
- CD Recordings:
- "Discovering Music"
- "Harmony in Peace"
- "Mahler Symphony #3"
- "Albert Herring Opera"
- Harp, Piano, Chinese Zither
|Praise for Ms. Mei:
"I realized when I heard Ms. Mei that I was in the presence of
a master. She is a truly remarkable, world-class musician, and
is among the top harpists in the world."
- Lou Anne Neill, Principal Harpist, Los Angeles Philharmonic
"These hard-earned accomplishments rightfully put Ms. Mei in
the category and league of the greatest musicians in the 21th
century. She has my highest recommendations."
- Christoph Eschenbach, Music Director, Houston Symphony
"Ms. Mei is highly regarded as a harp virtuoso by harp
musicians and afficionados worldwide."
-Dianne Flagello, Director, Manhattan School of Music
"Ms. Mei's performance is outstanding and unequalled.
Undoubtedly I found her to be one of the most talented
harpists. Her artistry would definately be an asset to the
- Ruth Negri, Harpist, New York Philharmonic
"Ms. Mei has acquired an outstanding reputation as a harpist.
She is a world class musician and one of the leading figures
among the world's virtuoso harpists."
- Susann McDonald, Director, World Harp Congress